1. Layla’s Fund was established by SOAR to assist with rescue Airedales, and their expenses, using the following criteria:
- The Airedale must be a rescue Airedale, and must be under 8 years old at the time services were provided and a grant was applied for by a new family.
- Grants are available for rescue Airedales under age 8 and only after the adoption.
- Ongoing expenses such as, but not limited to, medications, check ups or special food may be reimbursed up to the amount of $50 per month.
- Special treatments and surgeries may be reimbursed up to the amount of $500 per treatment/surgery.
2. External grants: Legitimate adoptive families of rescue Airedales other than SOAR may apply for grants from Layla’s Fund by submitting the information, outlined below, to the SOAR President at email@example.com. This information should include the name and contact information of the adoptive family, information on where the Airedale was rescued from (name of group or shelter); the Airedale’s name, proof of age, and sex; a brief description of the medical problem or issue that funds are being requested for; the name and contact information of the veterinarian who has diagnosed the medical problem or issue; an estimate of the total cost of treatment; and the prognosis for the dog’s recovery after treatment.
3. SOAR dogs will have priority use of Layla’s Fund. In order to maintain an adequate balance to cover needs of SOAR dogs, no external grants will be made that will drop the balance in Layla’s Fund below $1,500.
4. All grant requests for money from Layla’s Fund must be submitted to the SOAR Board by the President for Board approval. Board approval may be sought by email and/or telephone between quarterly Board meetings, but must be recorded in the Board minutes of the next meeting. Requests may be fully or partially funded or may be rejected without specifying the reason for rejection.
5. The President is authorized to approve spending from Layla’s Fund for a SOAR dog up to a maximum of $500 without Board approval, but this expenditure must be immediately reported to the Board by email or telephone and must be recorded in the Board minutes of the next quarterly meeting.