- The Diana Muldaur Fund (“the Fund”) was established by SOAR to assist Airedale rescue groups with unusual medical expenses. Accordingly, it may not be used for routine medical expenses: spay/neuter, immunizations, health checkups, or heartworm preventative, etc.
- External grants. Legitimate Airedale rescue groups other than SOAR may apply for grants from the Diana Muldaur Fund by submitting the information, outlined below, to the SOAR President at email@example.com. This information should include the name and contact person for the rescue group that is requesting the grant; the Airedale’s name, age, and sex; a brief description of the medical problem or issue that needs to be addressed; the name and contact information of the veterinarian who has diagnosed the medical problem or issue; an estimate of the total cost of treatment; and the prognosis for the dog’s recovery after treatment.
- SOAR dogs will have priority use of the Fund. In order to maintain an adequate balance to cover needs of SOAR dogs, no external grants will be made that will drop the balance in the Fund below $5000.
- All grant requests for money from the Fund must be submitted to the SOAR Board by the President for Board approval. Board approval may be sought by email and/or telephone between quarterly Board meetings, but must be recorded in the Board minutes of the next meeting. Requests may be fully or partially funded or may be rejected without specifying the reason for rejection.
- The President is authorized to approve spending from the Fund for a SOAR dog up to a maximum of $1,000 without Board approval, but this expenditure must be immediately reported to the Board by email or telephone and must be recorded in the Board minutes of the next quarterly meeting.
The mission of SOAR is to rescue purebred Airedale Terriers who have found themselves without a home, and help them get started on the road to a happy, new life.
Fund raising with star power.
Click here for details.
Written especially for SOAR, click here to listen, read the words, and see Ryan Humbert's photo.
Click here to read about this special fund for Senior Airedales.
SAVE THE DATE!
April 28, 2018
Layla's Fund helps adoptive families with unexpected expenses.
Click Here for details.